Saturday, October 1, 2011

Take Off Your Pants And Jacket

Ahh, my favorite album by Blink-182. Aside from being the most mysterious of their albums, I also feel that it is the album with the most to say. A lot of the songs have a strong feeling of rebellion and just trying to survive in an oppressive world. Take "Anthem Part Two" for instance, this is a song about how screwed up things are and that adults are to blame for how messed up the world is. Pretty deep wouldn't you say?  "Stay Together For the Kids" comes from this album and its no grand secret that it is about divorce and the effects it has on the most important people involved, the kids.

This is the album that cemented Blink's status as my all time favorite band.  I say this because well...it's the album where I recognized their lyrical depth and with every song that played I related to their words. I understood them so well except for  "Happy Holidays, You Bastard".  I still haven't found any reason to just curse out Christmas since it's fun for me, but the song makes me laugh because of the memories it reminds me of (this was the song that got the album taken from me in 5th grade!).

I mentioned earlier how this is one of their most mysterious albums. I say that because originally the album was released as a Pants version, a Jacket version, and a Take Off version. Each version had their own bonus tracks which are not the versions that followed. These bonus tracks were really difficult for me to find but when I did it was one of the greatest victories I've ever had. The bonus songs vary quite differently from the songs on the album. They actually sound a lot more like something that could be put on Dude Ranch. Some songs are also very verrry peculiar and yet as with most of Blink's ridiculous songs, hilarious to listen to if you are in the proper mindset. Otherwise, it may gross you out.

Now as for any songs I recommend. I have to say that I cannot recommend a single one of them. I feel the entire album is worth listening to....MULTIPLE TIMES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment